Tuesday 25 September 2012


Aims and Context

For my FM3 Creative Project I am going to produce a sequence from my imagined film "Possession". The Genre is Horror, however it also had surrealist elements such as the dream sequences which I plan to film when Polly goes to sleep. I hope to use the codes and conventions of horror to convey the genre and to appeal to my target audience of 15-24yr old's. My aim will be to introduce and explore narrative, mise-en-scene, sound and editing. The narrative is key to the film as it helps to establish a connection with the audience. Mise-en-scene and sound will identify my sequence within the horror genre and fast paced editing will create a scary atmosphere and an enigma as the audience won't fully be aware of what has previously happened in the house until the end of the film and giving the sequence surrealist elements.

In order to assist with this project I have been studying "An American Haunting" and "The Ring", this is as I believe they are similar to what I am hoping to achieve in my film and chosen sequence. 

I intend to direct, edit, write, film and produce the piece from my imagined film "Possession". 

No comments:

Post a Comment